I've been proud to call the Triangle home for 33 years, and Chapel Hill for 23. My husband Morgan and I raised our two NC natives, Ben and Bailey, in town, where they attended the CHCCS public schools. One went to UNC and one to the other local university before launching into their adult lives.
I've spent my career as a writer and independent book editor. My interest in land planning and design was fostered during my graduate work at NC State, where I earned my master's degree in landscape architecture and did advanced work on the history of design, with an emphasis on public spaces.
We live in the southern part of the southern part of heaven. When not editing or working on Planning Commission issues, I like to garden, eat the great food of our local chefs (a shout-out to the tacos at Lucha Tigre), watch the birds in my backyard, and kayak on University Lake.
Seventeen Years on Town Boards and Committees
- Chapel Hill Planning Board, 7/11–present; Chair 8/16–8/18
- Planning Board Design Champion, 6/13–present
- Committee on Engineering Design Manual Update, 5/19–present
- Chapel Hill Community Design Commission, 5/03–6/09
- Central-West Focus Area Steering Committee, Co-chair, 12/12–11/13
- Central-West Focus Area Organizing Committee, Facilitator, 9/12–10/12
- Planning Board Liaison to the Community Design Commission, 9/12–6/13
- Planning Board Committee on 2020 Draft Revisions, 4/12–6/12
- Chapel Hill 2020 Comprehensive Plan stakeholder (Good Places group), 9/11–6/12
- Chapel Hill Sustainable Community Visioning Task Force, 6/09–6/10
- Morgan Creek Trail Conceptual Plan Committee, 1/02–5/06